[openSLE] My Health Status

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb at zenez.com
Thu Mar 4 20:05:44 MST 2010

Currenly, I am begining to be able to speak/write some what clearer using
the computurer.  I still have days where no communication is possible or
it is greatly slured or borken up.  The MD doctors still do not know what
it is.  The last Neurologist deem stress as the final straw that broke to
cammels back.  We maybe losing our home because I have been unable to work
since around Sept 2009.  It that happens I will have to have the wiki on
my machine hosted somewhere else.  We should know more in the next few
weeks.  I felt I needed to let this list know just how bad things are with
my health and why things have not been getting done faster.  This maybe my
last post for a while.  It just takes me to long to get a post together.
usually 2-5 days. for the earlier post and 4-6 hours for just this short
one.  Let's mot let this project die.  We really need it with the now 18
month openSUSE schedule.  We need about 5 years, so I see us taking 1
every 3 releases for an openSUSE LTS.  So it we start with openSUSE 11.2
we would skip openSUSE 11.3 and 11.4/12.0 and use either openSUSE
11.5/12.1 as our next LTS if we start with 11.2.

It maybe my health talking but I really do not think we would be able to
do and LTS for every openSUSE release.  Also I feel it should be a
stripped down Server oriented DVD as I do not think we could fit
everything for an install of our LTS on a CD.  We should look at the
Server CD as a starting place and either add or cut from there.  An
extremely lean Server CD also would be hard to do for every openSUSE
release and getting a good decission on what that would be I do not think
we could get a good concenses.  I see it something like the same packages
from openSUSE but uses on SLES.  So using SLES as a guide for what to take
from openSUSE to make our LTS.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb at zenez.com> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047