[openSLE] [opensuse-project] openSUSE Long Term Support...

Jan.Albrecht at bertelsmann.de Jan.Albrecht at bertelsmann.de
Tue Sep 8 05:24:15 MDT 2009

[...]
> > So, please enlighten me what I'm not getting here...

Some people or companies don't believe/trust in user maintained updates. However they do trust updates, which are contributed, checked and approved by "officials".
That's the point for i.e. CentOS. They just take the RHEL packages, compile them and do have the same updates as the EL version.
But if everyone can contribute updates and no official (from novell or "the chosen one") approves it, there can be faulty updates, which could lead to untrusted system.

Jan