[openSLE] Trademarks

Boyd Lynn Gerber gerberb at zenez.com
Thu Sep 3 07:21:32 MDT 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Richard Guenther wrote:
> Both openSUSE LTS and openSLES offer an easy attack vector based on
> trademarks.  Re-using the SUSE or SLES brands is IMHO a very bad idea
> and just will lead to problems.  I suggest you go with an obviously
> different name, like the suggested CentOS green (well, _not_ CentOS
> obviously - for the very same obvious reason).

I was just thinking about that the other day.  We really wound not have a
problem with openSUSE LTS.  We could do it much the same as the EDU
project.  But openSLES would/could cause a problem.  So yes, I think we
need to create a new name.  We do have to remove all SLES branding.  So
having a name openSLES would/could create a problem.  What that is I have
no idea at the moment.  So, We need to add it to the list of things we
need to do.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb at zenez.com> 801 849-0213
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047