[openSLE] OpenSLE is best option instead of openSuSE LTS

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:20:28 MDT 2009

Dear all,

  Firstly, I am not subscribed to this mailing list, so please if you
want to comment me something, send me an email directly.

  IMHO openSLE is a most valuable option than openSuSE. Why?? Well, on
CentOS's web site explains this:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=3
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=5

  OpenSLE needs to complain the same goals than CentOS project, and
remember: SLES/D it isn't a home user oriented distro like nor CentOS is.

  An openSuSE LTS has an important problem over others: it will very
very difficult to maintain, because original openSuSE only have 18
months of support. Selecting this option, it is necessary more money to
accomplish the project than openSLE needs, because 99% of work is do it
by the upstream.

  Just my 2 cents.

  Thanks.

--